Imagine stumbling upon a 4K TV with a vast 55-inch screen and integrated Fire TV technology, all for a price tag under $450. Sounds too good to be true, right?
This is the allure of the somewhat mysterious brand, Insignia… but is it that good?
The answer is: Insignia TVs are decent. They won’t blow you away like a Sharp or Samsung would, but they’re better than you might expect. If you’re looking for a good deal on a quality TV, Insignia might be an intriguing option.
Today, we unravel the secrets behind Insignia’s surprisingly affordable yet quality-driven TVs!
- Who Makes Insignia TVs?
- Why Are Insignia TVs So Affordable?
- Pros and Cons of Buying an Insignia TV
- Best Insignia TV Model
- Other Affordable Alternatives to Insignia:
- Final Thoughts: Should You Buy an Insignia TV?
Who Makes Insignia TVs?
Insignia is an American TV brand, owned and sold by Best Buy, but manufacturing is outsourced to China. Insignia offers a range of TV models, from as small as 32 inches to as large as 70 inches.
While some models are still in 720p, most have been upgraded to 4K. Moreover, most Insignia TVs are “smart TVs” and come with either Amazon Fire TV or Roku TV integrated.
A Budget-Friendly TV Brand
How much do Insignia TVs cost?
They consistently undercut heavyweight brands like Sony, Sharp, and Samsung without compromising on quality. Take, for example, their 55-inch smart TV boasting 4K resolution and HDR; it’s priced under $450. In contrast, a similar model from Samsung could set you back more than twice that amount.
Choosing Insignia ensures you’re securing value for your money. For those keen on quality without breaking the bank, Insignia emerges as a top contender!
Insignia Smart TV: Not the Cheapest, But Not Lacking in Quality
While Insignia sits on the lower end of the price spectrum in the TV world, they don’t always lag in terms of quality or tech.
On the contrary, they often match industry leaders and even have exclusive deals with Amazon!
Insignia started making Smart TVs years ago and is still a leader in adding new tech to their TVs today.
For instance, Insignia was among the brands that launched the first Roku and Fire 4K TVs. In 2018, they were the only brand with an official partnership with Amazon to sell TVs with integrated Fire TV.
This challenges the perception that Insignia TVs are only for those on a tight budget.
Don’t just think Insignia only offers low prices; they have quality too!
What Products Does Insignia Make?
Insignia offers a diverse range of tech products besides TVs, such as:
- Laptops and desktops
- Home theater and surround sound equipment
- Gaming controllers
- Gaming keyboards
Why Are Insignia TVs So Affordable?
If you really want to understand if Insignia is a good brand, you need to know why their products are so affordable compared to other TV brands.
Is it because they’re simply of lower quality, or do well-known brands charge more due to their reputation and to offset advertising costs?
Insignia TVs offer the same screen resolution, size, and features as other brands. So, how can they offer such low prices?
Understand that a TV’s price doesn’t always solely depend on its quality. A price doesn’t always represent a quality level.
Usually, if you spend $1000 or more on a TV, you expect good quality. But sometimes, you might just be paying for the brand’s reputation.
For a more comprehensive answer to this question, Insignia TVs are cheaper because it has a lot to do with the origin and manufacturing date of Insignia TVs. The pandemic changed a lot of things.
Where are Insignia TVs made?
Insignia TVs care made in China, Taiwan, and Japan.
Components are made in various factories, assembled in China, and shipped worldwide.
Unlike big brands, Best Buy doesn’t have its own factories or create TV designs. They get other manufacturers to make the TVs for them.
These TVs are made in the same factories as major brands, which is why you’ll find parts from Samsung, LG, and other companies inside an Insignia TV if you take it apart.
Typically, the TVs are made using components and materials left over from last year’s Samsung models, ensuring good quality.
This makes them cheap and easy to produce, even if the components themselves are still top-notch.
It’s a bit like buying the second-latest iPhone model; you’re not getting a bad phone, just a slightly older model. Similarly, with an Insignia TV, you’re not getting a subpar TV, just one with slightly older tech.
Pros and Cons of Buying an Insignia TV
Reasons why you might consider buying an Insignia TV:
- Guaranteed High Quality:
- Being affordable doesn’t mean being subpar.
- These TVs offer great quality, even if some of their components might not be the latest.
- Fire TV Compatibility:
- Perfect for those who have equipped their homes with Amazon Echo devices.
- No need to buy a separate Fire TV device; it’s already built-in!
- Significant Saving:
- The main reason for most buyers.
- If you have a budget of under $600 for a 4K Smart TV, Insignia is your best bet.
Things to consider before buying an Insignia TV:
- Older Components:
- The screens, processors, and other components are often from a previous generation compared to brands like Samsung, Toshiba, or Sony.
- If you’re after the latest tech, Insignia might not be your first choice.
- Average Sound Quality:
- The speaker sound is often described as “meh”.
- This isn’t exclusive to Insignia, but it’s worth noting.
- If superior sound quality is crucial for you, consider getting a soundbar to complement the TV.
Best Insignia TV Model
The top Insignia TV model is a 4K UHD Smart TV with Fire TV. This TV is incredibly affordable and offers 4K Ultra HD image quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and vibrant colors.
And with integrated Fire TV, you’ll have access to all popular streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube TV, Disney+, and more. If you’re interested, you can check the price here on Amazon.
Other Affordable Alternatives to Insignia:
- Full High Definition 1080P Roku TV – Our 42 inch flat screen TV has double the image resolution of traditional HD televisions, which results in a smoother, cleaner image in a 16:9 aspect ratio....
- Roku TV, America’s #1 Streaming platform – Cord Cutters can stream 350+ free live TV channels, 1,000’s of Streaming Apps, hit Movies & TV, Music, and Premium channels. Access one of the broadest...
Westinghouse have the most affordable TVs on the market, but this can sometimes come with drawbacks.
They’re cheap and look cheap but if saving money is your main concern, consider buying a Westinghouse.
- 1080P Full HD Resolution – experience your favorite movies and TV shows in stunning high-definition picture quality for enhanced clarity and detail.
- FullView Metal Bezel-less Design – Elegant edge-to-edge glass design for a modern design that blends seamlessly into any home.
For most buyers, there’s little difference between these TVs and Insignia when it comes to cost, picture quality, and value.
So, what makes someone pick a TCL TV instead of an Insignia, or the other way around?
The reason is simple: If the Amazon Fire TV interface appeals to you, Insignia is your pick. But if you lean towards Roku, then TCL is for you. Both brands provide TVs that are alike in both quality and price.
Final Thoughts: Should You Buy an Insignia TV?
If you can reasonably afford a high-end, expensive TV, you should probably go for something better than Insignia without a second thought.
However, if you don’t mind having last year’s tech in your new TV and want to save a few hundred dollars, consider Insignia. After all, TV technology only sees minor improvements year by year.
Insignia is a good brand, but not the best. With TCL, they’re both among the best choices for affordable TVs that are worth buying.
That said, if you can afford a $1,500 or even $2,500 branded TV like Samsung or Sharp, you will like it.
It all boils down to how much you’re willing to spend: if your budget is around $600, go for Insignia. If you have more to spend, opt for a high-end brand.